Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Windows 10 Tablet Regrets (Archos 80 Cesium)

If you have a brand new Windows 8.1 tablet, never update to Windows 10, and if you do, make sure you create a system recovery image of Windows 8 before you do. This is not just yada-yada, I did not create a backup and now I am stuck with Windows 10 to the point of me considering just getting an Android tablet to take over the functionality of my Windows tablet.

The thing is, Windows 10 was never made for tablets. It was created to appease the mouse and keyboard crowd, not that I am not one of them. I am clinging to Windows 7 on my Workstation, but I do have a Windows 8.1 computer that acts as a media center with a TV attached to it, and it is not going to have Windows 7 or 10 installed on it any time soon.

Windows 8 is perfect for touch-oriented devices, and believe it or not, it had better battery life compared to Windows 10. The 8.1 media apps are okay, and it plays those extra Apps just fine - Asphalt 8 anyone?

Continuum just seems to be a pretty fancy name for having HDMI out and being able to attach a keyboard and mouse and a bigger monitor. I could do all that with Windows 8.1.

What makes me cringe is the dismal battery life. I do not really know what's wrong there, it just drains the battery of my device, even when it's in stand-by mode. It is absolutely unbelievable!

I wish I could get my Win 8.1 back without paying the price of a new tablet as a price for it. Too late now.

Note: Windows 10 gives you a time Window to roll back, but I missed that time period. My mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment